45 Rules for Men to Live By
Your father may have told you a few things, but just in case he wasn’t around enough, here are some words of wisdom you might have missed out on.
1. Buy high quality tools so you only have to buy them once.
2. Keep a change of clothes at the office.
3. Never hit anyone unless they’re an immediate threat.
4. Every hat should serve a purpose.
5. Never take her to the movies on a first date.
6. Learn to wet shave.
7. Nothing looks more bad-ass than a well-tailored suit.
8. Shave with the grain on the first go-around.
9. Always look a person in the eye when you you talk to them.
10. Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
11. Exercise makes you happy. Run, lift, and play sports.
12. Brush your teeth before you put on your tie.
13. A small amount of your paycheck should go directly to your savings account every month.
14. Call Mom and Dad every week.
15. Never wear a clip-on tie.
16. Give a firm handshake.
17. Compliment her shoes.
18. Never leave a pint unfinished.
19. If you aren’t confident, fake it. It’ll come around.
20. You can tell the size of a man by the size of things that bother him.
21. Be conscious of your body language.
22. The only reason to point a gun at someone is if you intent to shoot them. Period.
23. Always stand to shake someone’s hand.
24. Never lend anything you can’t afford to lose.
25. Ask more than you answer. Everybody likes to talk about themselves.
26. Never have sex with anyone that doesn’t want it as much as you.
27. Go for women out of your league. You may end up surprised.
28. Manliness is not only being able to take care of yourself, but others as well.
29. Go with the decision that makes for a good story.
30. When you walk, look straight ahead, not at your feet.
31. Nice guys don’t finish last, boring guys do.
32. Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.
33. Don’t let the little head do the thinking for the big head.
34. No matter their job or status, everyone deserves your respect.
35. The most important thing you can learn is personal responsibility. Bad things happen–it’s your job to overcome them.
36. The first one to get angry loses.
37. A man does what needs to be done without complaining.
38. Never stop learning.
39. Always go out in pubic dressed like you’re about to meet the love of your life.
40. Don’t change yourself just to make someone happy.
41. If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
42. Luck favors the prepared.
43. Women find confidence sexy as hell.
44. Do whatever you want to do, just be the best at it.
45. No one is on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work.